Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 14, 2009. Carriage Hills Resort, Ontario. Pat and Mal.

Everything was fancy. Pat used the good silver and the best crystal and china, eaten on a linen tablecloth in the dining room. The six of us were invited to dinner at the home of Pat and Mal in Barrie. Since we visited them twelve years ago, they had renovated their kitchen, also opened up the wall between the dining room and kitchen, so Pat wanted us to see the renovation, which was completed two years ago. Nova Scotia is the place we see Pat and Mal, as they have visited us every year. Mal is a good worker and helps Ken with projects and Pat keeps busy painting. She gets better every year. Last evening she pulled out all the stops. The food was wonderful too, all cooked by Pat, including the rhubarb pie. Their home is lovely. She wished she had opened up the rooms earlier, when the children were still at home. All six of us enjoyed the evening and we even arrived home to watch the hockey game. Next time we see Pat and Malcolm will be in Nova Scotia this summer. They both went a lot of trouble entertaining us last evening and we appreciated their efforts.

Tonight we dined at the Settler's Ghost at the golf course. Don and Doreen and Carol and Ken took Ken and me to dinner. We are eating high on the hog. We still do not know anything about the name, but we do know that their food is very good. Now we have eaten at all three restaurants in Craighurst, the closest town to our resort.

After lunch we walked, then went to the pool and hot tub. The recreation building is a a useful facility and we have enjoyed it. Of course, I looked a bit peculiar as I brought the only bathing suit I could find in the apartment, which happened to be a paper bathing suit. Several years ago when attending a meeting at The Hot Springs in Virginia, I wanted to accompany a group of my fellow Managers to the spa, but I had no bathing suit, so for three do;;ars I bought a paper bathing suit at the spa. It worked well. They furthermore told me to keep the bathing suit, as it lasts for twelve swims. I put the suit in my drawer and forgot about it, until I was searching for a bathing suit to bring to Canada. So far I have used it three times here and although it looks odd, it has served me well here. Here and there the paper is thin, but I still have four swims left, before it falls apart, hopefully not when I am in the water!!

No comments: