Friday, May 1, 2009

May 1, 2009. Ancaster, Ontario. Carol.

Today my sister turned 74. Happy Birthday to Carol. She has been a good sister to me and is enjoying her retirement now. As young people, she always fixed my hair, in fact when she left for Training College I had no clue about managing my hair. She also was very competent with sewing so everything that needed to be done in the sewing department was always her responsibility. In other words, she looked after me and the interesting thing is that she never seemed to resent it. In truth, she has a helpful heart and she still has. She works at a very fast clip. She did when she was young and she still does now. At school she trained to be a Secretary as she had no interest in the Academic life. Her positions were always in administration. Most of her career she was responsible for event planning with a major organization in Canada. She was very success in that career. When she retired at 65 she took a position in Owen Sound, running the Food Bank for The Salvation Army. Then a couple of years ago she retired from that position too.

She still is active in the Owen Sound Salvation Army. She sings in the Songster, she leads the Corps Cadet Brigade and she organizes the Fellowship pot luck lunch once a month right after church. Of course, her husband Ken helps her with this. Every one who wonders how to succeed in retirement should talk to Carol. She is a busy and a happy lady. I am fortunate that she is also my Sister.

No comments: