Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 2, 2009. Ancaster, Ontario. Ellen Irene Buckley.

I have known her since I was fifteen and she is even more competent now. She is also just as thin as she was all those years ago. And to top it all off, her disposition is still bright and sunny even though she is just a tad older than me. She is my sister-in-law, Irene Buckley.

When we arrived yesterday to visit with Dave and Irene, I knew exactly what I would find. I would find the home beautifully furnished and clean as a whistle. Our room had everything in order with everything for our every needs. And even though we arrived at one-o'clock, Irene had the lunch all ready for us. She has the happy ability to anticipate the needs for everyone around her and the energy to carry out the tasks. She is actually quite a remarkable person, although she does not know it. I always wished she worked for me, because we work well together. Over the years, remember I have known her for fifty-five years, we worked together on many events. They often visited us in Washington and I was always pleased when they were with us for a big party, as Irene was a huge help. When we are both in the kitchen, we do not bump into each other. This is a big deal.

Irene is as good as sister-in-law as a sister-in-law could ever be. Ken and I spent every Christmas with their family and all arrangements were always in order. This weekend is a perfect example of her attention to detail. Every day is planned and the meals planned and implemented. Last night the four of us dined at a wonderful restaurant called "Spencer's", in Burlington right on the lake front. Tonight Norm and Diane and Wendy and Ken will be here for dinner along with two grandchildren. We are having a wonderful time, all thanks to Irene's competence. But the best part is her enthusiasm. Always ready to go and do and try. Ken and I are blessed with having our sister-in-law Ellen Irene Buckley.

No comments: