Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2, 2010. San Antonio, Tx. A Fall.

I know better than walking quickly in new places but I did it anyway. We had just arrived at David and Suzanne's home on Thursday and I was organizing my belongings in the guest room when I fell. My foot caught on the handle of a tote bag. I of course was moving fast so my foot stayed behind while I was moving forward , trapping my right leg in the handle, so I fell. Fortunately I did not hit the desk or the chair or my head so it could have been worse. I was all by myself. Suzanne was on the way home and Ken was out with the dogs so it was up to me to try to find out if everything was working.

First I felt my head to be sure it was working. Next ankles, then knees, and finally bones. So far I am still sitting on the floor. Finally I got up gingerly and walked around the bed to be sure everything was working. I never did admit to anyone for a long time that I had fallen, and finally had to admit it when some one spotted me with just a bit of a limp.

My right leg is sore as are my arms but nothing else. For the first few days I took Ibuprofen regularly. I still walk slowly. Accidents happen very quickly and I know it so normally I am extra careful, until Thursday. Now I have been made humble by my stupidity.

No comments: