Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 21, 2010. Elkhorn Resort, Man. Massage.

Wilma had never had a massage, not ever in her whole life. Today I introduced her to the wonderful world of the Spa. The Solstice Spa here at the resort is well known in Manitoba, in fact I was told it is the best Spa in Manitoba. The first day we were here and walking around the resort we visited the spa and immediately booked us a massage, at least Wilma and I booked a massage. Ken and Keith declined even though it was my gift to them all, for their birthdays of past years. It must be busy at the spa, because today was the first time we could get a booking. It worked out well because tomorrow Ken and I will leave on our long drive south to Texas while Keith and Wilma will return to Brandon on Saturday. Today was a last hurrah and a relaxing indulgence for both Wilma and me.

I can not recall my first massage. Perhaps, as I was an athlete as a young adult, I received massages during the season. Or perhaps I became accustomed to a massage when I played so much tennis and the therapist was right on location. I only know that I love having a massage. Ken on the other hand must be talked into taking one. During my lifetime I have had hundreds of massages and liked every one.

Now Wilma has become a convert too. When we came back to the chalet after the massage, she told Keith she would love to receive one for her birthday. She could do worse!!

No comments: