Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012. Dickie Creek Farm. The Stanley Cup.

We are watching the sixth game of the Stanley Cup final.   In a month, I will not even recall who won, but for tonight, it is fun to see who will win.  I have read many articles on the Internet so I know much about the individual players.  For instance, I know that the player Greg Lewis played his junior years in Owen Sound, where my sister and brother in law attend every game.   Now he is a star playing for the Los Angeles Kings, who will probably win the Cup.  If they win the game tonight they will win the cup, which is the first time ever.  They are only two expansion teams that have never won the Cup.

Part of my enjoyment of watching is because of the play.  The game is fast and the players are skilled but part of the enjoyment is the emotions of the players.  In this game between the New Jersey Devils and the Los Angeles Kings,  we don't really care who wins.  Our teams lost long ago.  On one hand, we would like to see the Kings  win for the first time, but on the other hand, Martin Brodeur, the goalie for the Devils, is 40 years old and has played very well.  He has won three Cups, all with the Devils, and part of me would like to win his forth.  Soon we will know.  The score is four to one for the Kings.  It is exciting!!

No comments: