Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 30, 2012. Ancaster, Ontario. US Trials.

David and I are sitting in the recreation room of Dave and Irene's home watching the swimming trials.   It is exciting to think that in less than a month, we will be watching the Olympics.  Ken and I will be in Nova Scotia of course, so we will be able to watch the American and the Canadian feeds.   I intend to become a coach potato and watch these wonderful athletes perform.  Tonight I am looking at the competition and marvel.

Our task in Owen Sound has ended.  For the best of our ability, we celebrated the life of my sister Carol.  My son David helped by driving us everywhere we needed to go.  He picked us up at the airport when we arrived and will take us to the airport when we leave tomorrow.  Then he will drive to Buffalo and fly home to San Antonio.   He rented a big house for us.   The house was right on the shore of Georgian Bay and was beautiful.  We spent many hours with relatives and friends, both at the Funeral Parlor and at Peter and Cindy's cottage, who were very generous to invite us all for meals.  It was wonderful to see the next generation step up to the plate and take over.  My sister would be pleased and I am very grateful.

No comments: