Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26, 2012. Western Head, N.S. Carol.

Carol Buckley Barby was my sister, my only sister.  and she died yesterday at age 77.  In every way, she was an excellent sister, but now she is gone.  The good part of her death is that she went to bed Monday evening a week ago and did not wake up.  The bad part is that she was an active lady at 77 with many responsibilities and much joy in her life.  Her burden is now over but I am sad.

The clan is gathering in Owen Sound, Ontario.  Family and friends will come and pay tribute to Carol and celebrate her life, but none more than me.   I often said of Carol that she viewed the world through rose colored glasses.   The world she saw was not always the world that I was seeing.  

She was looking forward to visiting us in Nova Scotia this September.   Since her husband had a stroke, they have not travelled but this September they had air tickets to Nova Scotia and they were both very excited.  Their names are on my calendar, but they will not be coming.  It is the only time in my life that Carol has let me down.  Instead, she has gone to Heaven.

No comments: