Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, 2012. Bethesda, Maryland. Nostalgia.

We lived in Bethesda and Kensington for forty years and I worked in Bethesda for thirty three, so coming back to Bethesda is full of nostalgia.    Kate and Mary Frances and I had a pedicure together at my old nail salon and we visited my old office to see Regina and Carol and Betty.   At dinner we ate at The Pines of Rome with two  friends.  All these places were within walking distance of our hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn.

Obviously, everything was familiar and pleasant and fun.  but progress had been made in my absence.  The office looked spiffy with new carpets and paint and buildings are going up in already crowded Bethesda.  It is a busy, bustling place with the streets crowded with cars at 2:20 in the afternoon.  Today I will visit the sales meeting and talk to more people,  the good folks I have worked with for years.

I am enjoying Bethesda and friends but I am a person that looks and plans for the future so the nostalgic visit to Bethesda is pleasant but not sad.  The purpose of the visit was to deliver Kate and Mary Frances to their friends in Bethesda, where they will stay a week.  Ken and I will have lunch with friends, then retreat back to the farm and to another world but it has been fun being in Bethesda.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It was GREAT to see you again & I hope you do get a picture of Methuselah.