Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19, 2012. Artemas, PA. Nora Ephrom

She was a very funny lady and I always enjoyed her style and competence.  But I found out today that she had died last June.  All kinds of thing happen around me of which I am oblivious.  How did this happen?  Perhaps because I never read or watch the news.

A friend sent me an essay written by her, but to be published after her death.  In her last piece, she discusses the whole ageing process.  The piece is funny and sad.  She states that no one really enjoyed being older than 60 and gives many examples why.  I disagree with her about that by the way but the essay is excellent.

She died from pneumonia but she had leukemia since 2006, but seemed to be doing well.  She was one of four daughters of screen writer parents.  All four sisters were writers.  Nora wrote or directed many movies you would remember.  Her bio was very impressive.  She always stood up for women but was not hostile or nasty.   Now she has died and at last, even I know it.

No comments: