Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 26, 2012. Artemas, PA. Rita and Ian.

They definitely got lost.  The GPS was taking them in an entirely different direction so after driving around for a bit seeking the Road Kill Cafe, they called me.   I knew they must be lost.  They left Pittsburgh at 9:00.  The drive should take a bit over two hours.  They called me at 1:30.  "Where are you?" I asked.  When I heard that they were at the Fairview Church, which is very close to our old farm,  I told them to stay put.  Ken and I went right over to lead them to the farm, so all was well once again.

Our afternoon was delightful.  After a cup of tea and a chat, we toured the house from top to bottom.  Next, Ken took Ian around the fields on the Gator while Rita and I went to the Jay's farm to get potatoes for dinner.   It turned out that everyone was there.  We chatted with Tammy and watched her making Gobs, all 2000 of them,  for the Fall Fair.   She moves like a whirling dervish, she moves so fast. I was intending to show Rita the butchering shop but ended up having a drink with the men.  We ate peanuts and cake too. and we talked.

When we finally came home,  we had a large bag of freshly picked beans along with a box of potatoes. So nice to have friends who are farmers.   Rita and Ian are visiting the farm for the first time and they are enjoying it.  We in turn are enjoying them.

No comments: