Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 2, 2012. Western Head, NS. Autumn.

Yesterday, it felt like autumn.   The morning was chilly as was the wind.  There is no way to know, because I already knew the date,   but the day began as if autumn had arrived, which of course it did, as yesterday was the first day of September.   I have always felt that Labor Day weekend was the end of the summer and the beginning of the Fall.  For me, school always started after Labor Day, but in Texas and Mississippi, school begins in mid August so summer holidays are over early.

Yesterday at the cottage, the strong wind kept me out of the water.   When we arrived at the cottage on Thursday, we ate inside the cottage because it was cooler.  I spent the afternoon swimming and reading down by the dock.  Yesterday, on Friday, we ate dinner in the cottage again, because it was warmer inside.  I wore my bathing suit all day, expecting the wind to cease blowing  so I could be comfortable getting out of the water without feeling like I was freezing.  Finally, I gave up and changed clothes.

The day was lovely, but not a hot summer day.   Autumn had arrived.

No comments: