Saturday, September 8, 2012

September 8, 2012. Western Head, NS. The Good Old Days.

I prefer today.  Often, people will complain about the hectic life led today, but for me, I like things today, especially in the field of communications.   I enjoy communicating with my friends and relatives and I appreciated receiving immediate responses to my questions.   Fifty years ago, I wrote letters to my Mother and my friends,  but I much prefer the e mails.   And I love the cell phones too.  We have only one land line and that is here in Nova Scotia, and that is in deference to our friends.  

Both Ken and I would be dead without modern medicine.  We are both alive and well due to technical and medical improvements.  I am not interested in going back to the good old days of medical expertise .

For the past few days, I have benefited by today's technology.  Ken's cousin Richard lives in Calgary.  We visited him and his wife and three children several years ago.   Now Jordan, the number one child,  is attending Dalhousie University in Halifax.  It has been a pleasure for me to reconnect with Richard, even though we can not be much help to Jordan.  I have enjoyed chatting and catching up with their family.

And finally, in the modern world, we are able to live our vagabond lifestyle.  Without the Internet, life would be difficult for us.  But with the technology of today, Ken and I are good to go.  I like today.

No comments: