Saturday, August 10, 2013

August 10, 2013. Western Head, N.S. Malcolm.

Finally, I found the end of his efforts in the kitchen.   Normally, I come into the kitchen each morning to find the coffee being made, the clean dishes put away from the dishwasher and the counter tops spic and span and empty, all done by Mal before any of us are down for breakfast.  This morning, I found everything was normal except in the sink was sitting the dirty roasting pan left over from dinner last evening.  After everyone left last night,  Pat and Mal helped me clean up from the party.   With the three of us working efficiently, the house was back in proper order very quickly, but I left the roasting pan to soak in the sink.

At breakfast, I joshed Mal about his unwillingness to clean the roasting pan and we all laughed.    But before we left for coffee at Gill's home, Mal washed the dirty pan.   He commented that he was ruining his reputation!!   He also did not want to be the subject of derision in my wee web log.   "Too late", says I.   Mal is helpful in so many different ways that I was delighted to see a blemish on his resume.   "Too good to go unnoticed," and a wonderful memory.

No comments: