Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013. Western Head, N.S. Sears.

Shopping in Liverpool is difficult as there are no large stores, so you must drive to Bridgewater.  Often, in lieu of driving, we order from Sears but every year, the service gets worse.   The people in the store are pleasant and helpful but I will try to remember not to order from Sears again.   Their delivery practices are impossible.

In the Sears Liverpool store, I ordered two single mattresses, to be delivered in the store in ten days.  I was to pick them both up on the 31st at their store.    A few days later, I ordered two mattress covers from the catalogue, over the phone.  They were also to be delivered on the 31st.  So far, all is well.

On the morning of the 31st, I phoned and was told that my order had arrived at their store so Ken and I drove into town in the old truck to pick up the stuff and take the objects to the cottage, where we were to stay for a few days.    The problem was that only one mattress pad had arrived.   Now the rest of the order could arrive on Saturday or perhaps in ten days.   Unfortunately, Sears has no tracking system in place to find out what had happened to my order.   They had no idea and after a lengthy conversation with the Consumer Relations Department, they did not care.   This expert in the consumer department actually hung up on me.

The recorded message was sent to me saying that my order had arrived, but only the day after the proper day and only when the order had not really arrived.  This happened four times.   Finally, i got the full order but only on three different days.   It was an astonishing display of incompetence.  

No comments: