Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 13, 2013. Western Head, N.S. Last Minute.

Right now,  we have all the normal tasks to be done before leaving to go south.  Tomorrow we take the truck to the mechanic for the 75.000 mile check.  While Mal was here,  he helped me move furniture in the garage so now I can just drive the old truck into the garage before we leave.   And of course, I am doing laundry.  Soon I will unplug the freezer and garage fridge.

But in addition to the regular chores, we must make the house ready for prospective renters.   This is the first time we have allowed anyone to rent the house who are not either friends or relatives.   Many folks think it is a bad idea, but we will see.   The garage is almost ready and the three bedrooms are done.   The master bedroom is not even started to be orderly.  My plan is the empty my closet so the renters can use the shelves and the hangers for their belongings.  My stuff will go into the sea captains chest at the foot of the bed.   The things in the closet off the bathroom as well as the medicine chest will go into a folding box in the back of the closet.   And that is the best that I can do.

The Adirondack chairs must stay out on the deck down by the water and the deck furniture too.   Monique and Miguel will take them in after the vacation season.  We are leaving on Saturday but the house will not quite be closed up, leaving me with a sense of unfinished business.   Walt and Mary will once again take on the task of looking after the house, so I am sure my anxiety will last only as far as the ferry to St. John, but at the moment, I am scurrying around like a busy bee.

No comments: