Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6, 2013. Western Head, N.S. The Sun.

Today, it is easy to understand the worship of the Sun God.   I like to pretend that I am oblivious to the weather, but in truth, I always feel better when the sun is shining.   It is a perfect day at Western Head.   When the temperature in San Antonio is 103 degrees,  it is difficult to not feel grateful when you go outside where the air is clean and clear and the sky is bright blue with nary a cloud in sight.  Add to that the cool breeze and you feel you are in a perfect world.

The other day when Pat and I got out of the water at the lake, we felt chilled, so sought out the sun.   The difference between sitting in the sun and sitting in the shade was astonishing.   In the shade we shivered.  In the sun you felt warm.   Unfortunately, the clouds often hid the sun so we both finally changed out of our wet bathing suit.   It is the little things in life that bring pleasure, such as dry clothes and a sun shining day.   In my mind, I mostly ignore the weather and never really complain about it, but I will admit, that when the sun shines all day and the sky is bright blue, I feel better and I am grateful for the Sun God, here in Nova Scotia.

No comments: