Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 17, 2013. St.John, N.B. On The Road.

After our ferry ride from Digby to St.John, I was driving the truck off the boat.   The sun was shining right in my eyes  as I navigated to the Delta Hotel, right down town.   I missed the turn into the hotel valet parking.   Ken wanted me to back up so I could get the truck into the proper spot.   I am not so good at backing up the truck so I refused.   Instead, I left the truck right in the middle of the road and got out and walked into the hotel and asked them to rescue the truck.  

Poor Ken.   I had left him wondering what I was doing.   The staff just laughed and immediately sent the valet parking person to drive the truck.    And then they hid it, which was all right with me.

The funniest part was the luggage.   On a very elegant luggage rack,  we placed two backpacks, one box of red wine and a carry bag of all of Ken's necessary items.   It looked ridiculous.   We did refuse to have the bellman deliver the stuff to the room.  

Our journey to the farm has begun.

No comments: