Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013. Scranton, PA. The Birthday Boy.

Today, Ken turned 77.  Spending birthday in the truck for seven hours was perfect for Ken.   No one could give him a birthday party or make a big fuss and he got to talk to me all day.  It was a wonderful birthday.   We spent dinner in the room, eating the left over dinner from last evening, so we didn't even spend a lot of money.  Tomorrow, we have four hours on the road to get to the farm, so we have done well.

Ken also enjoyed the phone call from Kate, Mary Frances and Molly to sing him Happy Birthday.  It is hard to believe, but Kate is in 11th grade, MF in 9th, while Molly is in Kindergarten.

Normally, I indulge myself and have a birthday party for Ken in Nova Scotia.   Today was just like olden times, when Ken and I were traveling home to Toronto after our summer work.   We always forgot both his birthday and our anniversary until we arrived home.  Today, I must admit that I forgot his birthday until mid morning when Ken reminded me that he was now 77.

So Happy Birthday Ken.  When we married, his life expectancy was 42, and here is, 77 years old and still walking and talking!!  What a good fellow.

No comments: