Friday, August 23, 2013

August 23, 2013. Artemas, PA. Mobilizing.

Now I am mobilized for action.   On Monday in Bedford we meet with an attorney to sign a Power of Attorney so my good friend can sign on our behalf.    Tuesday, Ken and I meet with the Realtors.   At that time we will review the comparable properties  and try to figure out a price for the sale of the farm, and we will sign the paperwork, to be effective in 2014.   Agreeing to the price will be difficult.   Ken will want it high and I will want it sold.

Just in order to have my ducks in a row, I have contacted a moving company, just in case the farm sells before we return in late June.  It would be complicated but not impossible to have our personal belongings packed and stored and all the furniture sold at auction.   I would need to have someone local to oversee the process and I am not sure who that could be.  Certainly I must leave them a list.

And I need to select the auctioneer but I need more information before proceeding.  But we are moving on.  I am not vacillating any more,  just proceeding along the path which will make it easier for us to function.  Now this weekend we must tell the Jays.

No comments: