Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 2, 2013. Harper, Texas. Expectations.

Tomorrow the first trailer will roll into our yard at the ranch.   It will be the beginning of our celebration for our 55th anniversary.   I will be excited to see the trailer enter the ranch.   Up until now, everything I have done is not really concrete except for the practical purchases of cutlery, paper plates, water and ice.  But all that is a bit like setting the table.  It is not very interesting.  Up until now, everything has been what was about to happen, at a time many months down the road,  but tomorrow,   it will become reality.   This 55th celebration is becoming reality.

I always keep my emotions in check.   My role is always to stay steady, nether getting excited or discouraged.   For the past two years, I have been actively involved with planning and implementing this event but I have never gotten excited... until now.   My expectations have always been that we will have a lovely time but not that I am full of grandiose ideas and excitement.  Tomorrow, when the first trailer enters the ranch gate, I will be excited..and anxious.

No comments: