Monday, October 28, 2013

October 27, 2013. Cancun, Mexico. I have become Adrea.

It has happened.  I have turned into another Adrea.    Years ago,  I observed her in action, and apparently, I learned her tricks.  

Ken and I are now living in a suite with a large bedroom along with a living and dining room,  and a balcony wrapping around the whole thing looking out at the beautiful Caribbean Sea.  The space is perfect for us.   The whole suite must be over 2000 square feet.    We could entertain 50.

Yesterday morning, we met with the Hard Rock folks to update our membership.  When asked about our room, I mentioned casually that we were not totally pleased with the size.   I was not irritated or angry.  Our room was lovely, overlooking the blue water, but it was small.  In fact Ken and I laughed about how we got past each other in the room.   Then I asked if there were bigger rooms we could move into, just to keep us totally happy.   By the time we left, we were told that we had a new suite.

Adrea always changed her room at a conference.  We were all agents together, all top agents, but by  virtue of her skill at negotiations and her charm, she always ended up with the biggest, best room.   It has taken me years, but now I ask for the bigger room, just like Adrea used to do.  I have gotten too late smart, but I am enjoying our suite of rooms, just like Adrea would have done!!

No comments: