Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 30, 2013. Cancun, Mexico. A Facial.

I had not had a facial since I was 50 years old, when the agents gave me a birthday gift of a facial, pedicure and manicure, none of which I had ever had before.   The pedicure was great but I have forgotten about the other two....until now.

Today, right in the middle of my facial,  thoughts of my first facial came roaring back.   I hated it, which is why I have never had another.  But I forgot and on Sunday,  booked a facial this morning.    The therapist, Marlin,  was sweet and attentive, which must be why I allowed the completion of the treatment.   Also, if I left early, I felt sure the therapist would get in trouble, which did not seem fair to me.   To make it worse, the 30 minute treatment ended up to be ah hour, just because Marlin was kind!!

It was 15 minutes into the treatment before I realized how much I disliked the whole thing.  In order to distract myself, I listed all aspects of the treatment that I hated, the worst being that I was captive with goop all over my face with no avenue of escape.    I wear no makeup so am unused to putting stuff all over my face but at the facial, with my eyes closed,  many different creams and lotions were massaged into my face and neck.   I thought she would never stop.

It is interesting to note that I am not claustrophobic during a massage, but with that stuff all over my face and neck,  I certainly just wanted to get up and get out.  Finally, it was done and I escaped, never again to consent to a facial!!  The worse thing is that it was all my idea.  What was I thinking?

No comments: