Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4, 2013. Harper, Texas. Best Laid Plans.

You know something will go wrong,  despite your best efforts.  That is the reason you try to get everything done early, so when things go awry,  you have time to mend the damage.   Usually, it is a matter of misunderstood  communications.

The trailers come with pillows, enough for two beds per trailer.  Lisa, the trailer lady told me and I read it, but what I did not know was one pillow per bed.   I have allocated two couples per trailer along with some children, which each trailer needs at least four pillows per trailer and in some instance, more.  I purchased 8 new pillows to add to the pillows that come with the 4 in each trailer, I thought, but it took until today that I realized my error.   Ken suggested I ask Lisa to rent us more pillows, but they are totally out of pillows.  I am on my own.

Now on my shopping list next Wednesday is to purchase 20 new pillows at Walmart.   Fortunately, pillows can be very inexpensive.  

As we speak, eight trailers have been installed at the ranch.  They are all humming away keeping cool.  Tomorrow, 4 more will arrive, followed on the last 2 on Monday.  Soon we will be ready to have a celebration!!

No comments: