Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 31, 2013, Cancun, Mexico. Another Hair Cut.

Ken does not like these very short hair cuts.    This time, it was an issue of language.    While she was cutting my hair, I just kept wondering how short my hair was eventually going to be, but once she did one small section,  I knew my hair would be shorter than Ken's, which is short.   Last evening, after a glass or two, I suggested that Ken get a haircut too, just so his hair would be shorter than mine.  He just laughed.

The hair cutter was having difficulty figuring out what I wanted to do with my hair.   We were speaking in English but as I was not specific enough for her, she thought she could not understand my English.   We spoke in Spanish too, with the same result.  Finally she went away and came back in three minutes with magazines of different hair styles, and she showed me five styles of short hair.   Clearly she was struggling with what type of short hair style she was supposed to cut for me.  I chose one picture of a short hair cut.

I will tell you that my hair has no similarity to the picture.  First off, the lady in the picture is very thin.  And she is very young.    Her hair also is dark and she has hair poking out in all directions.  My hair is one half inch at the top and about one eight inch on the side and back.   When I left, my hair poked up at the top but as soon as I hit the humid air, it fell close to my head and has been there ever since.

The best part of hair is that it will grow, which is a great blessing.   At the moment, I will get sympathy for recovering from chemotherapy.   But this too shall pass!!

No comments: