Thursday, October 3, 2013

October 3, 2013. Harper, Texas. The Trailers.

Our front yard is beginning to look like a trailer park.   Five were delivered today,  strategically installed around the front.  It was exciting watching them roll into the ranch.

I actually got very lucky.  We have rented the trailers for one week, from Tuesday October 8 until Tuesday October 15.  When we first booked the trailer two years ago, I asked how the company would arrange delivery and was told that the company only had two men who delivered the trailers.  Every since that time, I have been asking if the trailers could be delivered as early as possible, to allow me to set up the trailers bit by bit, rather than all at once.  Lisa, the trailer lady, was not sure because it has happened that the company hired several folks to bring the trailers all at once.

I just kept asking and thanking her for her courtesy.  Finally, on Monday, she told me that the trailers would begin arriving on Thursday, four a day, with the final two coming on Monday, driven by their two employees.   Everyone was happy, Pat the electrician most of all.  He was there to meet the first trailer and started into his work.   Earlier in the day, Pat had worked with us to site the trailers.

My nephew, Norm, told me that he had on his bucket list to live in a trailer park in Texas.  His wish will soon be granted when he arrives for our 55th.   He will indeed, be living in a trailer park in Texas.

No comments: