Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18, 2014. Palestine, Texas. FIFA 2014.

This was a first for us. This afternoon, we listened to the FIFA 2014 game between Chile and Spain. Neither Ken nor I are in love with watching soccer on TV but the radio commentators made the game interesting, so we listened to the whole game. It was exciting and certainly made the miles go by quickly. Spain won the tournament in 2010 so they expected to be through into the later rounds but they lost to the Netherlands and today they lost to Chile, so Spain has been eliminated from the tournament. They play Australia tomorrow, but neither team will advance. Hurrah for Chile. I love to see underdogs win. I have been deprived of television for the past two months. We have no TV in the condo nor at the farm so I missed all the Spurs playoff games and all the hockey playoffs and I have yet to see any FIFA games, even though the tournament is already one week into the schedule. I was looking forward to watching some FIFA games tonight in the motel, but a transformer was hit by lightning this afternoon and the TV will not work. They should refund my money!!

No comments: