Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 5, 2014. Ridgeland, MS. A Circle of Caring.

Tonight, a friend of Christina’s brought dinner. Folks have been doing it from the moment of Andrew’s death seven weeks ago. Tonight, I read again the cards from friends and relatives.. Along with the e mails, it has been obvious to me that there has been a circle of caring all around, with our family right in the middle. I often felt as if I was enveloped in a giant hug.. The sentiment of the circle of caring was in a card sent by my friend Elley and has helped me to keep in mind the number of people sharing in my sorrow. I received cards from people I worked with 25 years ago and Bob Snider donated funds in Andrew’s name to an education group, even though I stopped working with him 25 years ago. I have been impressed with the level of caring. Another card said , “You will never be alone in the sorry you bear”. This from Wendy and Bob. All these cards and e mails and dinners have been helpful as we begin to build our life without Andrew. And then there have been the prayers. Everyone we know keeps us on their prayer list, giving us yet another area of support. All together and bit by bit, we are returning to a state with a happy heart, at least part of the time. We are doing it with the help and support of friends and family near and far. And we are grateful.

No comments: