Friday, September 1, 2017

September 1, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Jean Dress.

I have worn the dress for 15 years.  My friends tell me I should throw it away because there are holes on both sides of the pockets.   And the tops of both pockets are badly frayed.  But I like that dress.  I bought it in Mahone Bay with friends waiting for lunch at The Inlet Cafe.   Mary and I wandered into this dress store.  Mary found the dress and told me to buy it, which I did.  I have been wearing it ever since.   Fancy embroidery was done around the scoop neck and although the fabric has faded, the jean material is intact. Today I took the dress to the dressmaker to sew on new pockets.

Sherry will use a different material to make the new bigger pockets.   She agrees with me that the only thing the matter with that dress is the holes in the front.  For the past two years I have been dithering about new pockets.  Today I took the bull by the horn and took the dress to Sherry.  Actually, Don and Doreen and Ken drove with me to drop on the dress when we were going out to lunch.  Doreen correctly suggested that I could probably find a new dress on line and have it delivered to the door, but it would not be the same.  I bet I can get 5 more years of wear from that old comfortable dress.  And my friends will not be able to complain about the holes because the holes will be covered with new pockets.  I will be happy.

No comments: