Friday, September 15, 2017

September 15, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Main Street.

Walking our Main Street is gratifying.   The shops are interesting but not numerous.  Rita and I walked from end to end of Main Street to the other and it took us two hours even though we visited 8 stores.  I am not a shopper but at least once every season I check out the shops in town, usually with Rita.   Since last year, there are two new stores.  One is a shoe store, called Sole'd.  Her shoes are well made but expensive.  I can not imagine she will be able to stay in business in our little town.

The Plaid Cat is the other new store.  The shop opened for business in June and it took until today for me to find it.   The owner sells hand crafted objects and they are wonderful.  The best part is she sells some items that are affordable.  Rita bought two sets of mitts and hats, made by the owner.  She will give one set to her daughter at Christmas.  They are made of fleece of interesting and unusual colors.  And I bought miniature paintings to take to Texas.  The store has wonderful objects.  Unfortunately, the store is right at the end of town so I had never seen the store, even though I had driven past many times.  I wish the owner well.  That store is a wonderful addition to our town.  Every year our Main Street gets more interesting.

No comments: