Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September 26, 2017. Canyon Lake, Texas. The Lake House.

For the next month, the lake house will be our home.  Since we purchased the ranch, Ken and I have been using the lake house as a stop over on the way to the ranch.  We would stay a few days and then be gone.  Now. this will be our Texas home.

The house has been transposed.  David and Suzanne rearranged the art that was there, then hung lots of paintings from the ranch.    It looks just great.  They have worked very hard.  Poor Suzanne tipped her head up so long that she got vertigo.  Every room is better with the new art.   I had such fun finding my favorite paintings in their new home.   Our glass pieces are a perfect fit on the mantel:  two pieces came from the Wimberley Glass Work and the third is a gift many years ago from Dave and Irene, blown by a lady in Ancaster.  All three look better in their new home.

Our day went well.  The rental car is a new minivan.  It took us 40 minutes to drive here.  Since then I have been puttering.  Our task is to open our boxes and cull our clothes, which is a big job.  I have already started.  I have opened one half of a box and put things away.  Slow and steady, I must remind myself.  Ken and I are already enjoying our lake home with the art in all the new places.  Seems special this time.

No comments: