Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 16, 2008. Western Head, N.S. Home.

I am like a child in the candy store. I am so excited to arrive at our home. The first thing I do is walk around the whole place to be sure that everything is in place. Then I admire the paintings and the photographs. Next I go into every room. Finally I go out on the deck and look out to sea, and I say a word of gratitude. When I am satisfied that everything is in order, I put away the stuff from my backpack, then head into town to buy groceries. On the way by the McDonalds I stop in to say a quick hello. It is always a pleasure to see them again. Memory Lane has finished the framing, so I stop there too to pick up the photographs, and upon my return, I hang the new pictures and re-position the old ones. That is fun too. After a walk over the causeway, my day is complete. Now soon we will go to the Mitchell's home for dinner. The McDonalds will be there too, so we can catch up with the news from Liverpool that we missed out on for the past two weeks. Everyone we meet always responds the same way and says, "welcome home".

My friend Beverley asked me last week how we manage to be vagabonds. She felt that she would always feel that she was on vacation and not totally at ease. The other question we are asked often is "what place do you like best?" I do not know how we do it, but I do know that we like coming and going, and feel perfectly comfortable right where we are. And the place I like the best is the place I am in. It is simple but true. I never pine for another spot. I like where I am just fine. Right now we will be in Nova Scotia until September 29, and we will enjoy every minute. Of course, today the weather is perfect. 70 degrees, clear sky, sun and clouds, blue sky. Just perfect. The forecast is supposed to be the same for the rest of the week. We will enjoy!!

No comments: