Monday, September 8, 2008

September 8, 2008. Chevy Chase, Md. Meetings.

Some meetings I really do enjoy, and these are the meetings with the agents. It has been my habit to meet each agent twice a year. At these meetings I catch up with each agent concerning their systems for out reach, their goals and deslres, and anything else of concern in their business life. Several years ago I could not continue this policy, because talking so much was difficult for me, so we changed our systems to meet agents only for the first few years in the business. I always felt this was a mistake. Lots of good folks have told me to forget about worrying about these meetings, but I always felt these meeting brought value to the office and the agents. The advise from the Neurologist was to delegate all my tasks at work, and now that we have Carole and Ned on the job, I have followed his advice, so now I have nothing to do. I can return to the past and begin to meet all the agents, beginning with the A's and going straight through to the end.

Last week I started my plan. Today was the first full day of meetings. My routine is to make a date with the next two weeks meetings, and give the agent the opportunity to change the date, so even if I am not there, the meetings will be ready when I return. I met with agents today that I have not met with in a formal way for several years and I must say that I enjoyed the process. Now Carole and Ned are at the Realtor Convention in Ocean City, Md. so my day was long and busy, with many calls tucked in between the agent meetings. I felt that my time with the agents was valuable, and more importantly, the agents felt the same. Either that or they were humoring me, which could be a possibility. There is such a difference between the agent of one year in the business and the seasoned agent with twenty years or more. Fortunately, we have all kinds, but when it all comes down to it, the very experienced agent has to do the same basic activities as the brand new one. Sometimes even the very experienced agents forget to keep up with the basic business patterns. Anyway, I have enbarked on these meetings with the agents, and I will enjoy every one of them.

No comments: