Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September 2, 2008. Chevy Chase, Md. Home.

This time my car was in the garage at work, well away from the small creatures that chew hoses, and out of the burning rays of the sun. We arrived at the downtown airport and took the Metro to Bethesda to pick up my car. The car was ready and waiting and looked great, except, when we started for home, the air-conditioning would not cool. Now how could this happen? Today, after checking out the system, my good friends at Community Auto told me that the compressor has a leak , plus another leak that I did not hear. I figure that the season for cooling is almost over, so have decided to do nothing. Soon I will be needing heat and that system works just fine... so far.

Arriving home is always a pleasure but so much needs to be done that it is hard to focus on any one task. Last evening I seemed to go from task to task yet never finishing any one thing. I finally got a grip on myself and wrote down the list of chores I wanted completed prior to bedtime. It seems silly, because most normal person would leave everything alone and wait until tomorrow, but I feel compelled to put away all the clothing and shoes, sort the belongings I brought from Nova Scotia and stack stuff on my desk to another day, sort the pictures so they are ready for the framers on Friday in Everitt, write the addresses to send off to friends, and put the medicines ready for next week. And of course, I must have my work purse organized. After all those chores were completed, I went to bed. Ken gets right to the mail, and spends all evening sorting and organizing, and leaves his backpack on the floor, waiting for another day. But not me. I have to have order in my space, and I even like things done in their proper order.

Now I am ready to roll. My desk has been cleared of the clutter from last evening, all my magazines are in order beside my bed, waiting for me to read this weekend and now I can just enjoy my life and my work. Now the real issue is that Ken is not supposed to cook. He cooked tonight though, and I was glad he did as I was hungry.

1 comment:

dave buckley said...

Definitely time to get rid of that car.

Dave.