Friday, September 26, 2008

September 26, 2008. Western Head, N.S. Cream.

Everything tastes better with cream. I never buy cream. I don't use cream. But when I do, anything I eat is better. This morning we had breakfast at Lanes. At least once on every visit to Liverpool. we go to Lanes for breakfast. Their food is good, especially the breakfasts. This morning we slept late, because we stayed up late last night. We ate dinner watching another The Last Detective, then we watched the first disc of Foyal's's War Volume four. It turns our that the show was the first one we ever saw, years ago when we were flipping channels. But the plot was complicated, so neither of us could figure out how and what was going to happen, so we kept watching. I'm not sure what that says about us, but I am sure it is not a good thing. Then the best part of the evening was watching Oregon State demolish the Number One ranked team in the nation. I don't know how the game ended up, but for the better part of two quarters, I loved it. Then of course, we had to hot tub, so by the time we went to bed, it was almost One o'clock, which for us is very late. We woke up at seven and Ken, as his custom, went down to make the coffee. He brought me coffee at nine:fifteen, both of us having falling back asleep. It was a wonderful decadent evening and an even better morning.

I ordered strawberries and oatmeal for breakfast. The berries were brought first, all by themselves, along with a small pitcher of cream. My custom is to put the strawberries on top of the oatmeal, but as no oatmeal appeared, I started to eat the berries by themselves and on a whim, I added a little bit of cream. Now I mean to say, these berries were better with the cream. The oatmeal arrived along with Ken's French Toast, and by then I was on a roll, so I added the cream to the oatmeal too. Now I had ordered skim milk with the oatmeal, but of course, the only milk they had was one percent, so now I am eating the oatmeal with the cream and loving it. I drank the mild straight from the pitcher, so the waitress, who we know, does not think I am totally bizarre in my eating habits. But I decided right and there, that cream makes everything taste better, which everyone probably knows already. But I am still not going to buy cream. However, if anyone serves me cream, I have decided that it would be rude of me to decline the cream. I'll just have to walk another mile after every portion of cream.

No comments: