Tuesday, October 13, 2009

November 13, 2009. Chevy Chase, Md. Ageing.

Miss. Thomlinson once wrote to me, when I was  young, the I should  cultivate all God's blessings when I was young, because when I was old, I would need every bit when I got old.  Just this past three weeks, three of my friends, who are not exactly young,  have fallen and hurt themselves.   Ed. from the office, fell when he was crossing the street and ended up flat on his face in the middle of the road, with his glasses broken and cheek badly bruised.  It was broad daylight and there was no rain, but there he was, flat on his face in the middle of the road.  What a bummer.  Ed. could not recall what him made trip, except he was not paying attention.

Pat. when walking up three steps into a house, tripped and fell up the stairs, bashing her face on the top stair and cutting her cheek.  Fortunately, no bones were broken, but her many stitches and dark bruises made her face look dreadful for a good while.  Her hands were full going into the house, so although she does not know why she tripped and fell, she knows that next time, she will keep one hand on the railing.

And my friend Mary broke her femur when she tripped in the parking lot.   Walt. threw out her shoes, because he is sure the rubber soles caused her to trip and fall.

The lesson for me is to pay attention to my feet,  walk slowly, and always hold a railing.  I did what Miss. Thomlinson told me to do, but I do not know if I stored up enough of those blessings, so I intend to be cautious with my feet.

No comments: