Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 24, 2009. Harper, Tx. Home Again.

This house on the hill is a gem.  Every time we arrive  I am pleased with what we built.  Today was the same as every other time, when we wish we spent more time here.  I love everything about the place, both the house, the furniture and the art.  There is nothing about the house that we ever have to say to each other "I wish we had made the closets bigger," or anything to wonder why we had missed putting more electrical outlets in the kitchen.  Both the aesthetics and the function are top drawer.  Of course, this was our last house, and we  had several experiences building and renovating and our past history helped us to ask the right questions.  Arriving here is always a delight.

Our weekend in San Antonio was successful.  Samantha and Allison went shopping with me for their birthday.  Suzanne was along too to help.  Actually, Allison asked me to ask her Mother to come shopping with us, because she wanted to be sure we did not purchase inappropriate clothes!!  I don't know what she thought I was going to allow her the buy, but the four of us had a grand time together.  First lunch, followed by shopping.  The girls were great and chose lovely clothes.  Actually, we ended up with Samantha owning two more dresses than Allison.  I thought I was keeping track, but evidently I was not.  Our drill was for me to sit outside the changing room on a stool, with Suzanne helping the girls in and out of the clothes.  Then the girls would come out with their new duds to model for me, walk all around the section of the store, then decide if this garment was a reject or a take home.  They were good at it, and loved every bit of the prancing around.  Now they are outfitted for this winter and next.  Everyone was happy.

No comments: