Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009. Canyon Lake, Tx. Grandmother.

Yesterday, I was so busy being a grandmother, I forgot all my other responsibilities, such as writing my small web log.  On the way to San Antonio, we stopped by the Lake House, to drop off one cooler of beef and to change our clothes.  It is always a pleasure arriving at the house on the lake.  Everything looked just great but after unloading the meat and the car, we quickly drove on to San Antonio to see the little girls.  

Samantha and Allison were the first two home.  I have never lived with eight year old girls, but those two girls are always willing to help, in fact they love to help out with anything that seems to be productive.  We were just lifting  the large coolers from the truck, when Suzanne carried them over to the freezer while Samantha and Allison handed me the meat while I filled the freezer.  The task was completed in just a few minutes, thanks to their help.  Suzanne left to pick up the two big girls while I helped with homework, then we read a bit, finally watching outside while they drove their bicycles.  They are energetic and enthusiastic and were delighted to see us arrive.

At dinner, their family custom of the moment is to tell about the day, with each person saying what you liked  best today and what you liked the least.  They give the information at the dinner hour.  It is charming to hear from both children and adults.  Every child told as their best yesterday was the arrival of their grandparents.  I suspect they just knew we liked to hear those words, but it was certainly worth the drive from Maryland to Texas to be grandmother!!

No comments: