Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009. Chevy Chase, Md. My New Digs.

Damian came by my new office with a good idea.  He thought my new office on the second floor was too small and he suggested we enlarge the office by moving an agent desk and enlarging my office.  He noted that a lot of my belongings could not fit into my new office, so they are now housed on a bookcase outside the door.  Also all my cups are on top of a file cabinet, again outside in the main office, so he is correct in stating the obvious that I do not fit into the space.

I like my office and today held my first meeting with an agent.  Of course, to begin the meeting, we first had to bring another chair into the small space, then have Marla get behind the door while we closed the door, then turn the chair so we could see each other.  But there we were, knee to knee, carrying on a perfectly lovely conversation about her case.  All went well, until she was ready to leave, when we were forced to repeat our earlier drill of getting her behind the door, opening the door, removing the chair before Marla could exit. then completing our goodbyes.  In the future,  I will keep a folding chair in my new office and store it behind the
 door so I will be ready for action.  

The best part of my office is that when you come into my office and I close the door,  you absolutely can not get away from me.  This is the new secret weapon on the Upper East Side.

No comments: