Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 10, 2009. Chevy Chase, Md. Party Time.

At work this afternoon at four o'clock we celebrated. We drank port and ate crackers and cheese, along with grapes. The event was to welcome me to the Upper East Side of the office. It was fun and festive. My office is very small and Nancy has managed to hang all my pictures, which means every wall is full of either paintings or photographs. It looks wonderful, all jammed in together. But as someone commented to me today,"They are tastefully hung on the walls, not just stuck up there". So this afternoon, everyone came to take a look.

Dennis brought a cake, which said "A very small cake for a very small office". It was perfect, about 6"x6". Almost everyone came by to say hello, and with Carol E. dancing, the atmosphere was lively and jolly. One thing we have learned is to know how to have a good time. This group of agents and staff enjoy each others company, but the best part was that we wrapped up the party in under an hour. No fuss and muss. Just have the party and go back to work, with everyone having had a good time. Now I am firmly ensconced in my new digs. It fits me like a T.

No comments: