Friday, November 27, 2009

November 27, 2009. Mexico. The Beach.

A walk on the beach provides an unending interesting events. A large pail was sitting on the beach, and upon inspection, saw that the pail was half full of small fish, each about six inches long. It was a amazing, the competence of the fisherman. He stood in mid thigh water, but of course the waves kept coming in, so often he was mid-chest in the water. He fished with a circle net, and threw out the net, and quickly pulled it tight. When the bag attached to his waist was full, he walked into shore to put the fish in the pail. I would have liked to find out how long he had been fishing, but all the while I watched, he stayed in the water. A pity.

I over heard a four year old to her Mother, the child saying "But it is better for me to eat ice cream before my lunch. It feels better in my stomach". My sympathy entirely, but I bet she won't win that argument.

The man was playing with his two girls, making sand castles. The Mother was standing watching. Actually, she was watching the girls go in and out of the surf collecting buckets of water for their construction. The man was intent on his construction, speaking to neither the girls or the wife. He was concentrating on his castles, paying no attention to anything except his own project. Each girl worked alone too. His diligence was remarkable and unusual for the beach. Most Dad's talk with their children and their projects including his own, but this Dad had a Mission and he was intent and motivated. I watched for ten minutes. Ken even took pictures of him but he never raised his eyes. It was very impressive.

A walk on the beach is never dull.

No comments: