Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 10, 2010. Western Head, N.S. The Movie.

It was such a generous invitation, to invite all eight of us to dinner, then attend the Movie at The Astor Theater. We accepted the invitation immediately. Larry and Jan were our hosts. We were delighted to see the renovations in their home, which is lovely. And the food was great. Slovlake and Greek Salad. It was a fine dinner. Several other friends came too, some of which I did not know, which was good. I sat on the deck, very close to the food, and talked and dined with George and Sheila and Bill and Ken and Doreen. We were a merry group, all by ourselves outside.

Then we all walked up to the theater for the movie. The Astor Theater shows movies once a week and tonight was a special show as it was the first run of the Dragon Lady something or other. Almost everyone I knew in Liverpool attended the movie, which was fun, but as the movie is full of violence I had a hard job staying in the theater. But I was trapped as we drove with Dave and Irene and I had no money to go to the coffee shop. I stuck it out to the bitter end. I am not reading the book now that I have seen the movie.

Our friends from Toronto appreciated the invitation, as they got to meet more of our friends. It was a lovely evening, except for the movie.

No comments: