Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25, 2010. Western Head, N.S. A Puzzle.

I am confused. Some good folks who live in China are reading my small web log and they are sending me comments. Now I enjoy getting comments. Many people correct my memory or my spelling or my facts, but most people respond to me in English. These good folks who respond to me, do it in Chinese, even though they must be able to read English. I would like them to speak to me in English not Chinese. It is a puzzle to me.

My son Andrew speaks Japanese and reads some Chinese, so every week or so he translates for me and sends me an e mail telling the comments. Most of the comments are responses to the blog telling a moral about the story or saying about the new place and complimenting me on my diligence with my writing. But I would like them to write in English. And of course I hate to bother Andrew on a regular basis. So please, my new Chinese friends, write me back in English. It is the polite thing to do...here in America.

1 comment:

rita dickie said...

Hi Ruth,
I’m glad you’ve shed some light on these Chinese comments. I thought that maybe Andrew was sending them to you and making us guess as to the content.
Hopefully your new blog friends will use the English language and then all of us will be on the same page. Sounds like you’ve had a busy, pleasant and productive summer. Now is the time to enjoy the cooler days. Have a Wonderful Anniversary tomorrow! I will raise a glass in your honor.
Keep up to good work!
Lots of love to both of you,
Rita and Ian