Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 19, 2011. Artemas, PA. Speaking.

One problem  with my life right now is the talking part.  I spend most of the time being quiet.  Ken and I go about our day and have conversations every so often and at meal time, but most of the time, I am alone, either reading or working around the farm.  But most of the time, I am not speaking.

The Neurologist in Texas recommended that I keep working as long as possible, just to keep  me talking as much as possible.  Today, talking on the phone with Mary M., I realized that I was struggling with words.  She could tell too.  It is the first time I have felt that I have regressed.  This week we had lots of company so I have been in many conversations,  so I don't really understand why I am struggling today with my words.

When I first began to get back my talking, I read aloud from  magazines.  Perhaps I should do it now.  Or perhaps I will begin to read aloud from the books I am reading.   Maybe I should get sociable and visit Helen every day and have a chat,  or spend more time on the phone.   It appears the Neurologist was right.

No comments: