Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011. Western Head, N.S. Spinning Head.

One thing always leads to another.  When a building you own has a fire, the something leads to many things, required by you in order to proceed along the path of re-building.  This morning we met with our insurance adjuster,  Graham.   I get the feeling that we are going to become best friends.

My task today was to make a list of all the contents of The Carriage House, then put the price for acquisition and the date,  along with the cost of re-placement.  Now that may sound like a simple task but for someone like me who really does not enjoy details,  I think it is impossible.  So far I have completed the list, I think.   First I thought about the place by function, then I used the list of the objects removed by the company who is looking after it.  I should go back in and make sure I haven't missed something, but the smell is so horrid I hate to return.

Two builders are getting the figures to Graham to re-build, then we will decide what to do.  I already asked George, our builder, to get those numbers to the company.  We are ready to begin right now.  But we need the facts and figures in order to proceed.   We must settle our stomachs.  Nothing is speedy in Nova Scotia, which of course, is why we like it here.

No comments: