Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011. Dickie Creek Farm, Artemas, PA. Pitching Out>

I spent all afternoon sorting and pitching and sorting and pitching.  Fifteen boxes were piled in the office of the farm house.  My task was to save the valuable and dispose of  the rest.  These boxes were sent from my office in Bethesda.  Regina, dear Regina, packed up everything, and Tom brought it all in his car in March.  These boxes have been waiting for me ever since.

Now I don't know if this is a good thing or not, this throwing away all your stuff.   Tomorrow, I am ready to take to the re-cycle everything I ever taught the agents all those 23 years.  Being somewhat compulsive, I kept notes from every session I taught, all properly put in alphabetical order by topic, so if I needed to teach the same topic again I only needed to update the information.  And I have notes of every seminar and convention I attended, filed in chronological order.  So if anyone calls me quickly, I can find who spoke on what topic at NAR in Hawaii.  But no sense calling tomorrow because I am taking them all to the dumpster.

Now my Real Estate career is finally over.  I have no history of my past life as an agent and as a manager.  It's probably a good thing.  But it was not easy!!

No comments: