Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8, 2011. Artemas, PA. Hot Hot Hot.

The day is a scorcher.  98 degrees in the shade.  And the whole northeast is hot too.  Soon we will be heading north where 80 seems really hot to all the natives.  We left Mississippi just in time.  Their temperatures have been over 90 since we left.  When we were in Texas and the day was hot, I commented to Ken that if we ever live in Texas or Mississippi all year long, the first thing I would do is install a swimming pool.  On a day like today, all I want to do is to get into the swimming pool.

Heat is such a relative thing.  We humans accommodate to changes in temperature quite quickly.  After just a week in Texas,  our relatives from Vancouver felt chilly when the temperature reached 75, even though  in Vancouver 75 feels warm.  The same is true for elevation.  A few days at a higher elevation makes us respond to the higher elevation so we feel better.

But today was hot.  While at Walmart, I chose to wait in the car while Ken shopped.   I kind of enjoyed it, baking in the furnace of the truck, but at the next stop, Ken ordered me out of the car.   And I followed his instructions.

No comments: