Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011. Western Head, NS, Luncheon Party.

It was the first social event of the season, given by us here at our ocean house.  It was a perfect event for me.   I invited only two couples for lunch.  Mary McD. had given me a large pot of home made soup and I had found eight packages of sliced meat in my freezer.  I had purchased fresh bread yesterday.   Fruit was to be served for dessert, so I did not need to cook anything in order to serve the lunch.

I set the table  and when the folks arrived, I served the soup, which was delicious.  Next I had set out the fixings for a sandwich in the kitchen so people made their own sandwich or helped themselves for more soup.   Everyone got exactly what they needed in a sandwich and also had a little exercise.

For dessert, I brought a large bowl of fruit along with plates and sharp knives onto the dining table so everyone could chose the fruit and cut them up.  Herbal tea was the last of my chores.

It was a lovely lunch, enjoyed by all six of us and no one worked very hard.  I think I will enjoy these luncheon entertainments this summer.

No comments: