Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 3, 2012. Western Head, N.S. The View.

It happens every time, driving from town to home.   You turn at the last curve and then you see it.  Every day,  different and beautiful.   You come around that last corner, and right in front,  driving down the hill,  you  see the bold Atlantic Ocean.  It is a glorious sight, even in the rain.  

My habit is to turn right out of the driveway at home and drive into town right along the shore, passing Scotts Bay and Moose Harbor.   It is a lovely drive past the crashing waves.   But coming home, I always turn right at the fork of the road,  toward Western Head, which takes me cross country through a farm and several modest homes.  It is not an attractive drive, until that last curve, when you get to see the Ocean.

The brain is better than any camera, and I have  pictures of many scenes that bring me pleasure, but the pictures in my brain are never as good as seeing the pictures in real life.   Today, on the way home from town, I remembered when I always take that route.  It was worth the trip here to Nova Scotia, even when raining.

No comments: