Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9, 2012. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Shopping.

Gill and I must be the most efficient shoppers in the world.   First stop was to purchase the lighting fixtures, which is not an easy job.   Gill asked all the hard questions and soon we had ordered all the lights we needed for a total of 18.  They will all be delivered in about three weeks.   The young man we dealt with was very polite and pleasant but really knew very little about lighting, but with the catalogue and our eyes, we chose all the light fixtures for the Guest  house.  It took us one hour.

Next up was Zellers  for towels and sheets.  I shop quickly.   I want it done.   Gill stopped me buying the wrong sheets just because I could find the size.  At one point I put black sheets in my basket.  She took them out.  We were the odd couple.   Also Gill spotted a big sale for towels.  Excellent quality and two for the price of one.    I was able to purchase all the towels and sheets and  bath mats and pillows and it took us another hour.

In the very back corner of the store is a Diner, where we ate.  It was worth the price of admission.  It was decorated as a fifties diner.  Food and service were great as was the price.  It was a pleasant surprise to find this fancy diner in Bridgewater, in the back corner of Zellers.   And we drove home the shore route, with no need to rush.  My list is almost complete.

No comments: